After about 8 hrs on the second day, I started making a mental list on why painting this 1:1 scale models appeared harder than the 2mm and 6mm scales I'm usually happy to do.
In no particular order:
- It has to look good at 1 inch AND 6 feet - at the SAME time
- My wife (and every visitor) is as critical as a Golden Demon judge
- Washing techniques make a mess on the floor
- Drybrushing makes the wall look worse
- Its hard to blend the exact colour you want and have enough for 18 square metres
- Basing is a little more than kitty litter and some static grass.
- Cleaning up is more than 2 small brushes and some newspaper
Got others of your own? Please leave a comment!