Saturday 10 March 2012

JC of Mars

The girls went out to the Taylor Swift concert tonight, so naturally the boys sneaked out to see John Carter of Mars after they left.  Its had a bunch of mixed reviews, but our opinion? Epic!  A great adventure movie with amazing effects.  It had some slow spots, but these were necessary for the plot and I guess they just seemed slower after all the action bits.



Seriously, ,the Green and White Martians and the associated special effects are fantastic (and should be for 250 million dollars!)  If you are looking for a good, fun adventure yard this is a great ride.  The Lad and I are itching to play some "Redcoats on Mars" style games now!




PS Its pretty WoW in 3D!

1 comment:

Neil Hughes said...

G'day Paul,

Good to hear that you enjoyed the film. I have read several of the books and I am looking forward to seeing the film next week.

On another topic, I think from memory that you live in Melbourne?
If so, you may be happy to hear that I am running another Gaslight game at this year's little wars. I ran the War of the Worlds game a couple of years ago.

This year's game is set on Venus and the theme is Avatar by Gaslight! Imagine the final battle of Avatar but done in VSF style.

If interested let me know and I can put you down to join the game.

Cheers
Neil


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!