Sunday 11 March 2007

Native Venusians sighted!

A Wine Wine Sauce exclusive - direct by aethergram from Venus!

Field researchers from the London Natural History Society have made contact with a native intelligent life form on the planet Venus. In the spirit of international cooperation, the famed naturalist of the Institut de Paris de Biologie, Professor Pierre Aronnax, has been dispatched with all haste to work with the team studying the Venusians.


The Venusians are very large, average 10 feet in height and have 4 arms - each with a hand and opposable digit. They have a rudimentary language and appear to have a rigid family and clan heriachy. They typically operate in groups of 3, though strong individuals may lead multiple groups of 3 warriors. They favour melee weapons though have also developed a primitive type of projectile weapon, of which little is known. One thing we can be certain of though, they would make fearsome opponents!

More pics here:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/pauljamesog/15mmVSF/

Modelling notes:
Well these guys are the first models Ive painted this year since I moved house., and the start f my 15mm VSF project - Huzzah!
The models are from Peter Pig's "War in the Age of Magic" range as "Large Green Martians" (and they ARE large compared to a 15mm figure. They were painted using GW Goblin Green as the base colour and then 'dipped' using Wattle Satin Woodstain (Walnut).

This is the first time I have used a dip method, which was kindly detailed here last year by Patrick. While I sponged off much of the excess, I think these are a little too heavily stained and next time I will thin down the dip a little as the surface tension kept too much in the crevasses I think. A great effect for the time investment though and certainly they got to table top standard in minimum time. I'll also need to touch up a few highlights again (like the eyes).

Bases are 1/4inch washers with Mulliput. I'll finish off the bases with flock and grass shortly.

Sorry about the dark shadows, I'll take some proper pics once I've done the bases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Post photos after you try thinning the dip. On some of my 28mm's it did go on a bit thick as well, let us know how it goes.


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!