Sunday 13 September 2009

Strategic targets

I just found these while rummaging around in my bits cupboard and thought I'd share an idea I had.
Last year I visited London (and enjoyed a few ales eh DC?) and grabbed a few of these resin buildings from a cheezy souvenir vendor for about 1 pound each. Lovely detail and pre-painted.


So, Buckingham Palace or French chateau? Tower of London or enemy fortified building? St Paul's Cathedral or enemy parliament house? A lick of paint round the edging, neglected so far I must admit, and some nice buildings are had very cheap for minimal effort!

Now if only I could find those Revell Hindenburgs (which DC put me onto) that I was looking for in the first place....

4 comments:

Steve said...

Check out Philip Reeve's Mortal Engines to find another VSF inspired use...

David Crook said...

I picked up a similar souvenier from Malta a couple of years ago - the Mosta Dome (vanvlak will know all about this!)- I had plans for making it into an aerial fortress for Aeronef. Mortal Engines is good fun and yes, the ales were prolific!

Game Master Rob Adams said...

Nice targets! I have a microscale version of DC I use for 1/285 scale microarmor.

Paul O'G said...

I'd like to see both your models guys, always after new targets to bombard!

More ales need to be had DC, my turn to host!


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!