Monday 6 February 2012

Adventures in a Lost Land

I haven't done any Dino Hunting games for awhile, but I came across these rules by 2HW the other day.  Anybody tried them out?

Take the shot!


You hear the whispers. Giant creatures from the dawn of time alive and walking the earth. Dinosaurs! How can it be? As a hunter you have to find out the truth so you follow the rumors to this God-forsaken corner of the world, Lemuria!


You've spent days and large sums of money in tracking the Beast and now it's come to this. Your bearer trembles as he pulls back the branch giving you a clear view of the Beast in all its splendor. As you steady your aim it turns, looks you in the eye and at that moment you wonder... Who's hunting who?


Adventures in the Lost Lands, introduces you to a world like no other. A world of giant creatures and prehistoric men where you can Be a Pulp Era hero exploring Lost Lands and searching for valuable treasure. Lead your tribe of primitive cavemen in a fight against other primitive tribes. Be a modern day big game hunter who travels to a pre-historic land that time forgot. Command a Victorian Era expedition bent on discovery and conquest. Be a dinosaur, not only a dinosaur, but THE dinosaur, as you take on all others for supremacy.


In Adventures in the Lost Lands you can do all of this and more. We've included a number of linked scenarios forming a campaign which can be played solo, cooperatively with all players on the same side, or head to head against your friends. It's all up to you!


*Really? Louisiana? Yep, it's a long story.


http://www.twohourwargames.com/adventures-in-the-lost-lands.html

9 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

I picked up a pdf of these a few months ago, purely for research purposes. They look pretty solid and have a definate RPG feel to them, with lots of character gerneration detail, for example. They well produced. Less beer and pretzels than Saurian Safari but still playable in an evening, at least I would think so.

Slorm said...

I have used this ruleset with my Prehistoric campaign, and it works very, mainly the PEF rules.

Slorm said...

You can take a look on here:
http://slormwargames.blogspot.com/search/label/PRUSEME

Michael Awdry said...

Just picked these up myself as a way to get me started rolling dice in anger. Seems pretty straightforward so far, but I'm very much the rookie! I quite like the idea of playing as the dinosaur.

Kelroy Was Here said...

I've played several games of AitLL. I have two different write-ups of games on my own blog, one is of the first time I got my family to play and a second game with some other folks. I still have issues wrapping my head around the reaction rules, but for the most part I really enjoy it.

http://kelroywashere.blogspot.com/2010/06/26-continuing-brief-interlude.html

http://kelroywashere.blogspot.com/2010/10/29-yet-another-interlude-in-search-of.html

Monty said...

Must admit, I love THW stuff and have several of their rules sets, not tried this yet though, does look interesting though, as I have a few ideas for it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesh_(comics)

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!
Shuffleboard Set

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my website :)
Sorel Women's Tofino CVS Boot

Tony said...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this;

But I have started a new Aeronef build - it is to be entered in The Trash Bash competition, (see post) and I know readers and followers here on Yours in a White Wine Sauce will be interested. See;
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/2012/02/trash-bash-2012.html

Tony


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!