Sunday 12 April 2015

Basing for Land Ironclads

I saw this very impressive array of 2mm Napoleonic armies over at the excellent "Lead doesn't Bleed" blog today and it got me thinking about options to base LI units, and infantry in particular.  When I started my own infantry units I went with positioning the figure blocks in different formations for easy recognition, but I think this is a much better and more effective way to go.  I'd be interested in other options that might be out there too.
http://leadnobleed.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-teeny-tiny-grande-armee.html


4 comments:

Phil said...

Very very impressive!

Ogilvie VC said...

Good God! 2mm!!

Mad Padre said...

Very cool. The labels are brilliant - looks like this chap is basing his figures to a specific OOB. I've thought about doing something similar to my 6mm Naps but I don't want to tie myself to a specific orbat ... not sure what my own solution will be.
Cheers,
Michael

Paul O'G said...

You aren't alone Michael. I seem to recall I was planning my LI Infantry stands to each be a company. Keeping them generic then works pretty well. I think though that if you are doing specific historical games and scenarios you might have a different perspective. For our 6mm ECW game we are keeping the bases generic though.


An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!

An exploration of debauchery, vice and other reasons to be a man!